For information about meeting times and participation please contact the Judicial Assistant.
Phone: (941) 749-3648
Email: Magistrate's Assistant
Magistrate Hudson's Zoom Video Conference Access Information
Magistrate Hudson's Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Zoom Video Conference Access Information
UPDATE: As of August 30, 2021 Effective September 13, 2021
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Magistrate Hudson will be conducting all hearings via Zoom Video or Audio Teleconferencing until further notice. There are no fees to attend by Zoom. It is free and easy to use.
Magistrate Hudson's hearing dates are listed below by date. Hearing dates may also have morning and afternoon dockets. Each docket has a unique Meeting ID and Password that will be set forth below and will be needed to participate in your hearing.
Magistrate Hudson's Zoom hearings will be digitally recorded. If you plan to have a court reporter for your Zoom Hearing, please let the Magistrate know at the beginning of the hearing to make sure the court reporter is present and participating. Please review and adhere to the following instructions:
OPTION ONE: APPEARING VIA ZOOM VIDEO:
1. Download the free Zoom App. on your smartphone or computer PRIOR to your hearing date. https://www.zoom.us
2. On the date and time of your hearing, select "Join a Meeting" and then enter your Meeting ID and Password to access the meeting. Where do you find these? (a) Look on your Notice of Hearing; 0R (b) 12th Judicial Website has a section for Zoom Hearings. Magistrate Hudson has a listing of hearings by dates, containing this information.
3. Once you connect, please wait to be checked in. You may be placed in a "waiting room" and on mute until your hearing begins.
OPTION TWO: APPEARING VIA ZOOM AUDIO (PHONE):
No Camera. No problem! The Zoom platform allows you to appear by telephone if you do not have a camera or a computer. On the date and time of your hearing, just call (786) 635-1003. Then enter your Meeting ID and Password to get into the hearing. Once you connect, please wait as you may be placed on mute until your hearing begins.
PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO YOUR HEARING?
If you have problems connecting to the hearing, immediately e-mail the Magistrate's Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org DURING YOUR HEARING TIME for further instructions.
SPECIAL RULES FOR EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS:
1. No later than 48 hours prior to the hearing, each party must provide to the Court and opposing side copies of any documents or case law to be used or referred to during the hearing or offered into evidence. No additional documents or exhibits may be emailed to the Magistrate during the hearing.
2. Any exhibits shall be pre-marked because there will be no clerk present.
3. All documents shall be submitted as a PDF file via email to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, you must include the style of the case, and the case number.
4. In the email each exhibit shall be attached as a SEPARATE PDF document.
5. For all final hearings on petitions for dissolution of marriage taking place via Zoom, the parties SHALL either appear at the hearing with the ability to hold a copy of their Florida driver’s license (issued at least six (6) months prior to when the petition was filed) up to the digital camera being used by the party for the hearing so that the Magistrate can view the driver’s license, or, if they do not have access to a digital camera, they must email a copy of their driver’s license to Magistrate Hudson at least 24 hours prior to the hearing.
6. Any and all confidential information shall be redacted by the individual submitting the proposed exhibit (including but not limited to information such as account numbers, SSN, dates of birth).
7. All parties are responsible for securing the attendance of any witnesses they wish to call via Zoom, by providing those witnesses with any and all procedural requirements for attending a Zoom hearing listed herein, as well as the Zoom Meeting ID and Password. If a party intends on calling a witness during a Zoom hearing, they must provide the name and contact information for that witness to the opposing side at least ten (10) days prior to the hearing.
SCHEDULING HEARINGS BEFORE MAGISTRATE HUDSON
1. All parties are still required to obtain an Order of Referral from the Circuit Judge which refers the matter to be heard to Magistrate Hudson. This requirement is mandatory.
2. When noticing your Zoom hearing before Magistrate Hudson, the Notice of Hearing SHALL contain the following information: Meeting ID; Password; Telephone Number for audio access only. The party scheduling the hearing must provide the Notice of Hearing and hearing materials at least five (5) days prior to the scheduled hearing by submitting them to Magistrate Hudson. Do not send mail to Magistrate Hudson’s office during the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Due to the fact that other parties will be scheduling remote hearings before Magistrate Hudson at specific times during the COVID-19 pandemic, all parties SHALL reserve and schedule sufficient time for the hearing to be concluded, while affording BOTH sides equal hearing time. This means that if you believe you need 30 minutes to present your case, you must reserve 60 minutes for your hearing so that each party has an equal amount of time to present their respective cases.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Friday, September 24, 2021
Monday, September 27, 2021
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Thursday, September 30, 2021
Monday, October 4, 2021
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Monday, October 11, 2021
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Monday, October 25, 2021
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Return to Judge List