For information about meeting times and participation please contact the Judicial Assistant.
Phone: (941) 861-7898
Email: Judicial Assistant
Judge Ruhl's Zoom Video Conference Access Information
UPDATED (as of August 30, 2021):
Due to Florida Supreme Court and Local Administrative Orders, all hearings will be held via Zoom. All hearing time on J.A.C.S. are for Zoom hearings. Judge Ruhl's Notice of Hearing template is required for all Zoom Hearings. All in-person hearing requests, must be done by Motion and submitted to our office for consideration. The Court may rule without a hearing or set a status conference to inquire further.
Please understand multiple hearings will be using the same credentials, and when you sign on you may join in the middle of another hearing. Please practice good videoconferencing habits and keep your microphone muted. If you need to move around prior to your hearing, kindly stop your video feed until your hearing is called.
If you have difficulties, please contact Judge Ruhl’s Judicial Assistant, Kaitlyn Averso.
1. Requirements for the Notice of Hearing: The public’s constitutional right of access to the courts is of upmost importance. Fla. Const. art. I, § 21. The necessary information that will permit the parties and the public access to the court hearing is accessible on Judge Ruhl's Zoom Meetings page. Additionally, the Court also requires the notice of hearing to contain language that will direct the parties and public to that site.
2. CMC & Pre-Trial Conference: It is plaintiff’s counsel (or defense counsel, if plaintiff is pro se) responsibility to file a Notice of Hearing with all Zoom hearing information separate from the Order entered by the Court.
3. The Notice of Hearing shall contain the following: zoom website, meeting id, password, audio access (for issues as indicated in paragraph 2), and alternate link from the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court website. If any of the listed information is missing, the hearing will be cancelled by the Court without further notice to the parties as the hearing was not properly noticed.
**As of August 26, 2020, the direct Zoom link will no longer be required or published. Please utilize the "2 Ways to Access the Hearing" as shown in the Required Language section below.
REQUIRED LANGUAGE TO INCLUDE IN NOTICE OF HEARING:
Notice of Hearing for Zoom Video Conference
All parties must appear via VIDEO conference; meaning, the Court must be able to see all parties. Please log into your hearing a few minutes early to test mic and video connections. When asked for your name, please type your FIRST and LAST name so the court may identify you properly. Zoom is FREE. Information about Zoom may be found at its website, https://www.zoom.us. If you are unfamiliar with the Zoom platform, please go to the ZOOM training page website at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials to learn how to access the platform for use.
DATE & TIME: (inset date) at (insert time)
MATTER: (insert motion)
LOCATION: Video Hearing
2 WAYS TO ACCESS THE HEARING:
- Online: zoom.us/join [Then enter the meeting ID & password listed below]
- Alternate link: https://www.jud12.flcourts.org/Public-Information/Public-Court-Hearings/ctl/meetings/mid/1240/pid/11
- Meeting Id:
- Audio (if the video/camera device does not have a two-way microphone)
Standing Meetings do not have a start or end date. Contact the Judge's Judicial Assistant or JACS for hearing times.
Return to Judge List