For information about meeting times and participation please contact the Judicial Assistant.
Phone: (941) 861-7898
Email: Judicial Assistant
Judge Ruhl's Zoom Video Conference Access Information
UPDATED REQUIREMENTS (as of June 16, 2021):
As of June 21, 2021, the Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court, Charles Canady, has removed all requirements of social distancing and mandatory face coverings as well as eliminating the requirement that most hearings be conducted remotely. Many court events have been scheduled over the next several months, and were scheduled as “Zoom” events. To provide maximum flexibility and consistency as Family Division 2 transitions back to in person proceedings, the following procedures will be followed:
- The court will issue amended trial orders for all cases set for trial in 2021 via zoom, specifying that the trials will be held in person, in courtroom 6A of the Silvertooth Judicial Center. However, if all parties agree in writing to conduct the trial via zoom, they may do so and the appropriate zoom link will be provided by the court.
- Case Management Conferences and Pre-Trial Conferences will continue to be conducted exclusively via zoom for the remainder of 2021.
- The court will be working with the pro se coordinator to make zoom hearings available for parties who wish to use the platform for uncontested and simplified dissolution cases.
- As of July 12, 2021, all hearings noticed as evidentiary hearings will be held in person unless all parties stipulate in writing to a zoom hearing. All other hearings will proceed as scheduled on zoom unless the parties notify the court in advance that they wish to appear in person.
- For notices of hearing sent after June 21, 2021, any non evidentiary hearing less than 30 minutes may be set as a zoom hearing without prior leave of court or agreement of the opposing party.
- All Zoom hearings MUST be scheduled through the J.A. by email with all parties copied. All available J.A.C.S hearing time will be for in-person hearings only. Please utilize the same hearing request protocols as provided in the requirements.
- At this time, the court does not have the available technology to conduct hybrid hearings in which some parties appear remotely and some in person. If and when this becomes available, these instructions will be updated accordingly.
Please understand multiple hearings will be using the same credentials, and when you sign on you may join in the middle of another hearing. Please practice good videoconferencing habits and keep your microphone muted. If you need to move around prior to your hearing, kindly stop your video feed until your hearing is called.
If you have difficulties, please contact Judge Ruhl’s Judicial Assistant, Kaitlyn Averso.
1. Requirements for the Notice of Hearing: The public’s constitutional right of access to the courts is of upmost importance. Fla. Const. art. I, § 21. The necessary information that will permit the parties and the public access to the court hearing is accessible on Judge Ruhl's Zoom Meetings page. Additionally, the Court also requires the notice of hearing to contain language that will direct the parties and public to that site.
2. CMC & Pre-Trial Conference: It is plaintiff’s counsel (or defense counsel, if plaintiff is pro se) responsibility to file a Notice of Hearing with all Zoom hearing information separate from the Order entered by the Court.
3. The Notice of Hearing shall contain the following: zoom website, meeting id, password, audio access (for issues as indicated in paragraph 2), and alternate link from the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court website. If any of the listed information is missing, the hearing will be cancelled by the Court without further notice to the parties as the hearing was not properly noticed.
**As of August 26, 2020, the direct Zoom link will no longer be required or published. Please utilize the "2 Ways to Access the Hearing" as shown in the Required Language section below.
REQUIRED LANGUAGE TO INCLUDE IN NOTICE OF HEARING:
Notice of Hearing for Zoom Video Conference
All parties must appear via VIDEO conference; meaning, the Court must be able to see all parties. Please log into your hearing a few minutes early to test mic and video connections. When asked for your name, please type your FIRST and LAST name so the court may identify you properly. Zoom is FREE. Information about Zoom may be found at its website, https://www.zoom.us. If you are unfamiliar with the Zoom platform, please go to the ZOOM training page website at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials to learn how to access the platform for use.
DATE & TIME: (inset date) at (insert time)
MATTER: (insert motion)
LOCATION: Video Hearing
2 WAYS TO ACCESS THE HEARING:
- Online: zoom.us/join [Then enter the meeting ID & password listed below]
- Alternate link: https://www.jud12.flcourts.org/Public-Information/Public-Court-Hearings/ctl/meetings/mid/1240/pid/11
- Meeting Id:
- Audio (if the video/camera device does not have a two-way microphone)
Standing Meetings do not have a start or end date. Contact the Judge's Judicial Assistant or JACS for hearing times.
Return to Judge List